Thursday, August 18, 2011

I know greatness comes from suffering.

"With one simple pill we cured unhappiness and art."- A Softer World 437
-
Art comes from internal pain. Van Gogh didn't cut his ear off because he was in a good mood. J.K. Rowling wasn't happy, I'm sure, living in poverty. I could literally go on until my dying breath because every artist, every author, every musician- they know great sadness. It will take HARD WORK to write something truly inspirational. I'll have to sift through layers so painful I've repressed them for years. I may cry, I may want to quit, and I may spend weeks in a depressed slump with writer's block. But if I can persevere over my body and take the reins of my unhappiness, I can do incredible things. If I can control this beast then I will have nothing to regret for the rest of my life.

(Link to the A Softer World quote.)

No comments:

Post a Comment